Visible red light is UV-free, and at a wavelength of 620 to 700nm, the red light of the lamps penetrates human tissue to a depth of about 8-10 mm, enhancing collagen production. Skin layers, because of their high blood and water content, easily absorb red light. This process is extremely beneficial in treating problems close to the surface of the skin such as wrinkles, age spots, broken capillaries, wounds, scars, and stretch marks. Studies have shown that visible red light enhances our skin’s cellular activity. The concentrated light energy in the 633nm region strengthens the skin and improves oxygenation. Hydration also increases which results in the detoxification of skin pores and restoration of elasticity.
Think of it as working out, you need to go 3-4 times a week for eight weeks in order to see results. Then after that eight week period it’s recommended that you go one to two times a week.
Its only 15 minutes per session
Benefits of using Red Light Therapy
• Results in a proven, pain-free and recognizable anti-aging effects
• Naturally promotes collagen and elastin production- light penetrates fibroblast cells in connective tissue where the skin proteins are produced
• Smoothens and reduces fine lines and wrinkles
• Improves consistent skin coloration and complexion
• Moisturizes skin- a key component to a good skin care regimen
• Activates blood flow for increased circulation
• Stimulates wound healing- light penetrates close to the skin’s surface (wrinkles, wounds, cuts, scars, or infection)
• Reduces inflammation in skin conditions- such as acne